Below is a screenshot of a bit of comment spam that WP caught for me this morning.
This is just insulting! Cooking video?! Are they even trying?! I mean Regarding Fanfic, I’m fairly certain, doesn’t contain anything that any properly written algorithm should decide is about cooking.
I mean, come on people! If you’re going to run a scam, you’ve got to try harder! Just a little more effort, just a little more, and that might have just about looked like a legitimate comment … to someone who wasn’t paying attention, maybe, but still. But, no, of course not. They have to go talking about cooking. I don’t talk about cooking, so red flag number one. Oh look, it’s on my fanfic policy page … duh.
I hope that computers reach the point they’re at in Jeph Jacques‘ Questionable Content comic soon, simply because I’d love to think that no self-respecting sentient machine would allow itself to send such insultingly undisguised nonsense.
- About Talk, Not Insults (talknotinsults.wordpress.com)
- Mother Nature Insults My Intelligence (bumblepuppies.wordpress.com)
- Spam Insults My Intelligence (bumblepuppies.wordpress.com)
- My afternoon: Sorry no fanfics (neuro0060.wordpress.com)
- Fanfiction (ivorykeysprodigy.wordpress.com)