I don’t ever have to use Microsoft Word again. The reasons for doing so can be accomplished in Apple’s Pages. It’s even done the way I’d long suspected: with Sections. It just never worked for me before.
I can’t take the credit for learning this, though. My lovely and talented editor figured it out. She’s even more loathe to touch Office than I am — which is to say she steadfastly will not load it for any reason whatsoever.
In other news I’ve finished my proofread. I’ll be spending tonight and tomorrow getting the files generated and uploaded.
I’m calling the release date the 29th, though Smashwords will have it the 28th because of their insistence on putting the file up as available the moment it’s uploaded instead of — like everyone else — after you’ve had the chance to make sure everything is correct and waiting for a final, blanket SUBMIT button to be pressed. Oy.
I think I shall post a coupon code for some of the ebook sellers on Sunday. Any that delay, as iBooks is likely to do, I’ll put the NEXT Sunday. That’ll be fun.
- Microsoft Office Comes to iPhone, but Don’t get Excited Yet (techpp.com)
- How Self-Published Books Are Made: Start To Finish (PART I) (catherineryanhoward.com)
- The Economics of Self-Publishing an E-Book: Part 2 (mint.com)
- How to quickly save Pages files in Word format (reviews.cnet.com)
- Self – Publishing – Love It or Leave It (mandatedmemoranda.com)