I so very much believe this. I mean, why couldn’t a young lady wish to play with Transformers™, you a young man to play with Barbie™?
Why does the former have to mean she’s a “tom boy” or the little boy a … does anyone say ‘sissy’ anymore?
A toy is a toy. If it makes the child happy, who cares what colour it is or what character it is? Does it matter the child’s age or sex if they find joy in a dolly, or if they find a little pleasure in a Nerf™ gun?
Frankly the only time a toy ought to care about sex is, as the graphic says, when it’s for sex — some of those just don’t work for one set of parts or the other.
- Clothes Shopping (scoliohmygosh.wordpress.com)
- Truer now (fabricatedfolklore.wordpress.com)
- The Toy I Always Wanted (dcsanders2.wordpress.com)
- Winter Hath Cometh To The Pacific NW! (alesiablogs.wordpress.com)
- Ask Mr. Dad: Guys and dolls ï¿½ playmates or enemies? (sacbee.com)
Pingback: Gender Essentialism is Dumb – Mmmkay? | The "Professional" Blog of J. M. Brink