Well, I figured out the trouble with Ready or Not, sort of.
My initial problem was that the PDF had decided to be 8.5in x 11in. The book is 6in x 9in.
The program I’d made the PDF with was refusing to make a 6×9 PDF. Even though it has done so in the past.
So I use a different program to make the PDF. YAY! Fits … but now Createspace is convinced that something is off the edge of the page … which isn’t … and wouldn’t let me approve the proof.
So I use another another PDF creator … proof is approvable! Yay! Excess blank pages are randomly inserted into the middle of sections of the book, one of them near the beginning so that page … n/m, just awkwardness happens. Oh, and to top it off? Suddenly one of my fleurons is 72dpi, despite the fact that I copy/paste the same image every single time and there are over 100 in there, just the one near the top of page 16. I’d ignore it, but since I need to fix the blank pages, I may as well figure it out too.
Oh, and why must I use a PDF? Because Word refuses to embed all the fonts I used, CreateSpace doesn’t have all the fonts I used, and LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Pages, and KOffice all don’t embed those fonts either.
- fonts in the current era (aseigo.blogspot.com)
- Kindle 3 vs Sony 350 Photos (ireaderreview.com)
- “Proof That You Can’t Cry In Space” #dbpvids (dbpxhaust.wordpress.com)
- Python converting PDF to Image (garmoncheg.blogspot.com)
- Library Subscriptions: The Future of Fonts? Shall We Sing or Cry? (typographica.org)