This is absolutely disgraceful.
Sadly, all too common. People like to prey on authors – it’s so hard to get published (traditionally speaking, of course) and regardless how one gets published just as hard or harder to get noticed and read …
- Contract Example (phil0testing.wordpress.com)
- Anthony Giangregorio (legendsofwindemere.com)
- Auto Club Warns Consumers to Beware of Fuel Additives Claiming to Increase Gas Mileage (motortrend.com)
- Warning for Writers: Beware Tony Giangregorio and Open Casket Press (stantlitore.com)
- MillionaireCasket.com Releases Its New Collection Of 2013 Oak Caskets (virtual-strategy.com)
I want to pass on a warning to young writers in the horror genre (and perhaps to readers, too). There is an editor and owner of several small presses — Tony Giangregorio — who has a long-standing reputation in the industry for not just editing but rewriting his authors’ fiction and then refusing to return or sell back the rights. He received a lot of bad press in May 2012 when he published an anthology having completely rewritten several stories submitted to it (one of them by noted horror writer Jonathan Maberry), but he is now back, publishing some mangled fiction under his Open Casket Press.
In the most recent offense, novelist Paul Johnson is currently distancing himself from a book published in his name by Open Casket Press, Survival Horror: A Zombie Story — because not only is the book poorly edited, but Giangregorio changed the location of the…
View original post 992 more words