Okay, we’re all readers here, right? I mean I can think of few other candidates for followers of an author’s blog, and it breaks my mind to try to imagine a writer who doesn’t read.
Readers are notoriously opinionated people (about books).
So why is it, then, that I’ve only one reply to my question?
I did have one person click like — so I turned Like off for that post because, really? Why? What is the magic of the Like button that, not only does everything have one now, but that people will click it on things where it either makes no sense to do so or it is expressly asked not to?
Anyway stress is not fun. Editing is stressful. As is the realisation that I’m hitting the final week that 2/3 of my agents say they take to respond. I’m of a mind to say to Hell with self-publishing and just keep shopping the series out to publishers and agents till I get a bite, but I’m pretty sure I’m nowhere near so patient a person.
Wish me luck, I’m going back to editing now. At a scene I like, but have this sinking feeling ought to either be axed or relocated. Always such a bother to figure out if that’s true or not, and then if so there comes the question of which to do.
- I’ll relax when I’m done stressing out (newbieyogi.com)
- “Why Can’t I Find An Agent? Everyone Says My Book Is Really Good!” ~ by Mercy Pilkington (authorshelpingauthors.wordpress.com)
- Is Self Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing a little like Duck Dynasty vs. Downton Abbey? (theyearofthecicadas.com)
- The Demon’s Song by Kendra Leigh Castle (literatiliteraturelovers.com)
- Blog Tour! Darkness of Light by Stacey Marie Brown (Interview & Giveaway) (thebookhookup.com)