Just checked up on my agent submissions: so far half of them have either been rejected.
Well, sort of.
One agency doesn’t exist any more and two are the “if you haven’t heard from us by …” sorts.
Useful resource fro anyone looking for a literary agent: http://www.querytracker.net
- you can keep track of who you sent things to and when (beats skimming through GMail looking for the sents and replies!)
- It’s got a bleeding agent search by things like genre
certainly worth a look.
- Harper Lee sues literary agent over rights to To Kill a Mockingbird (independent.co.uk)
- Publishing … and Other Forms of Insanity: Literary Agents: The Writer’s Ultimate Ambiguous Relationship (getmerewrite.me)
- Querying Writers: Please Do Your Homework (chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com)
- Interest from literary agents/publishers ?? (cerithomasuk.wordpress.com)
- Quick Ways to Turn Off a Literary Agent (faymoore.wordpress.com)
Pingback: So much for agents? | Jaye Em Edgecliff