Well, this is it. As I said in my previous post I’ve submitted to a total of 18 agents and might add others over the next few days. And that’s all I’m waiting for — the agents’ responses. Love or Lust is now completely proofread and copy-edited.
My editor does feel that she might have missed a few commas in the course of some early chapters, so she wants to give those another glance over. I also want to update the asterisk scene separators with fleurons. And I will spend some time fine tuning the layout and formatting, as I wish for the book to be ready to go in early June if I haven’t heard back a positive response from the agents before then.
So final time table:
- Between now and 1 June I will be tweaking layout and updating the sample to reflect the proofread version, adding the fleurons, and so forth.
- Waiting. Maddening, heartbreaking waiting. This will be filled with much anxiety every time I check my email, and occasional bouts of disappointment as I’m bound to get more than a couple of rejection letters.
If, by 1 June I have been accepted by an agent then, as I’ve said before, I’ll keep you all updated about what the publisher is going to do and when.
If I haven’t been picked up by the first of June I’ll begin uploading the book to e-stores and will announce the date they’ll be available for purchase.
- Kindle Books and Scuffed Shoes (betterlatethanneverblog.com)
- ISTD: Not Just Fleurons – Final Outcome (gmoawareness.org)
- Services (karenxferguson.wordpress.com)
- Final Proofreading of a Novel (kristinastanley.net)
- People Like Me Are Why You Need a Good Proofreader (lorisinnergoddess.wordpress.com)